Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pictures of fall

For man, autumn is a time of harvest, 
of gathering together.  
For nature, it is a time of sowing, 
of scattering abroad.  
Edwin Way Teale

Walking and enjoying fall.  Contentment.

 Saturday morning breakfast with the brother.  So good.

 My little brother.  
(Or maybe I should just say younger brother now.)


 A few pictures in an attempt to capture fall and all that it means.







Anyone want to have a cup of coffee? 




I love fall.  I love the feelings that it brings and what it stands for and encapsulates.  This has also been quite the season in life for me personally.  God is teaching me so much and growing me closer to Him through it all.  In a few words...

I have felt and known God's kindness and love for me.
I have learned that God's timing is perfect.
Change is good.
Resting is vital.
Faithfulness and trust are things that we can have because they are part of who God is and we are reflections of Him.
(and so much more)


The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall, 
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Psalm 37:23-24


This is a promise for me.  And you.  I have no doubt that He proclaims this over all of His children.

What do you love about fall?


1 comment:

  1. I love that close-up of the wet leaf! isn't fall just the best thing ever?

    ReplyDelete