Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

Thankfulness: 
conscious of benefit received; expressive of thanks; well pleased


This Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for.  God has blessed me and poured out His loving kindness.  Praying this morning, I began to write down things that I am thankful to God for.  Some are major growing things that God is doing inside of me and other things are the simple joys in life.  {In no particular order}

  1. Shown Yourself faithful
  2. Grown in my trust & faith in You
  3. Given me strength & perseverance
  4. Taught me where my value comes from
  5. Provided for me to pay my bills
  6. Given me a roof over my head & food
  7. Revealing a community here in this place
  8. Opened opportunities to serve
  9. Blessed with good health
  10. Given me hope for the future
  11. Teaching me Your ways
  12. My 23 beautiful children
  13. The courage to listen to Your will and obey
  14. Memories
  15. The ability to forgive and forget
  16. A family that loves me
  17. The chance to encourage others
  18. A future in You
  19. Beauty all around me
  20. Your creation and the lessons it teaches me
  21. Travel
  22. That I am a reflection of You
  23. You are my Father in Heaven
  24. I am redeemed
  25. There is no condemnation in You
  26. For the dreams You have given to me
  27. Creativity
  28. An education
  29. The experiences I've had
  30. Friends and kindred spirits
  31. Peace of the mind & spirit
  32. Coffee
  33. Joy in any circumstance
  34. Tears
  35. Your guiding hand that never leaves me
  36. Plans to go to Africa (soon!)
  37. A church that is seeking You
  38. Living out who You have called me to be
  39. A heart of compassion
  40. That You have good plans for me
  41. Salvation
  42. Hope for a husband someday
  43. Abundant life
  44. My needs are met
  45. Grace & mercy
  46. Your Word that guides me
  47. Answered prayers
  48. Patience
  49. Family
  50. I am Yours
I have a great deal to be thankful for.  This week especially I am thankful for good reports about my kids back in Africa.  They are growing in the Lord and doing so well in school.  They are growing up quickly.  Here is a video of some of the girls from last Thanksgiving while we were at Mirembe House:



George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789:

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the Providence of Almighty God, 
to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor."

No comments:

Post a Comment