Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

JOY.

Joy. It is a word that many people think they have a grasp on. And to be honest I thought I did too. After being on the road for a month I am realizing what joy really is from people less than half my age. These 23 children truly enjoy life, every moment of it, no matter how small. Yes, they have experienced terrible things and they feel different emotions each day, yet they still have an unwavering joy.

This JOY is RESILIENT.

Webster defines it like this: a: capable of withstanding shock without permanent deformation or rupture b: tending to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change.

Psalm 9:1-2 I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart, I'm writing the book on your wonders. I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I'm singing your song, High God.

So, I am learning joy from the experts. =)


Oh, can joy involve going to the first Starbucks?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! those kids are so... fun looking :) I'm glad you got to enjoy some original Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete