Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

1 Corinthians 10:13

"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.
And God is faithful.
He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
When you are tempted he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

I love this verse. Full of truth and practicality. And in the times when I doubt and begin to wonder about things this verse pops into my head. Now when someone says "temptation" certain things come to mind. But tonight sitting and thinking I realized perhaps the verse is talking about a bit more. Temptations are the things that steal our time, that fight for our attention. They come in all forms not just material things, but emotions and attitudes.

God puts us in situations, some not easy, and we have a choice:
What will we make of each situation?
From what perspective do I see my situations?

From a Heavenly or Earthly?

1 comment:

  1. That's a good perspective... I hadn't thought of it quite that way. Good stuff. :o)

    ReplyDelete