Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Renewed

Romans 12:2:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Today I had some time to renew my mind. Finding solitude and uninterruptedness can be a challenge on the road, but today I found some. As my mind began to dwell on things above I realized that I am not renewed enough. This is a daily habit that should be at the forefront of my days and yet it is so easy to push aside the seemingly invisible things that are in actuality most important. Each morning I should be drenching my mind and heart in the redemptive words of Christ. These words are a medicine to the soul and when they take full effect they will transform us. Transform. A powerful word that stands for change and difference in our lives, developing our character to be more like our Maker. And the beautiful promise after this is that we will be able to know what God's will is. Why? Because we have filled our minds with truth instead of lies, we have tuned our hearts to know what is from the Father and what is not. This verse holds beautiful hope for me.

And as I begin to think about being renewed it makes me question who I am. Perhaps this is also brought on due to the close approaching end of tour and I begin to wonder how much has changed. Have I changed (for the better) as a person, as a servant, as a child of the King? Have the children changed? Have they grown spiritually and personally? Have I been an example of love and sacrifice to them? These are all questions that loom in my mind and heart and in a month and a half I will know the answers. When tour is over and the children board the plane I will know. I will then fully understand the great adventure that just took place and how much has changed from last year.

We are never the same. We are always going somewhere. It is our choice to choose the path that leads to self-preservation and self-fulfillment or to choose the path that leads to holiness and sacrifice. I will hold onto the hope of this verse, that as I am renewed and transformed I will know His will.

(Photo taken by the wonderful Amy)

No comments:

Post a Comment