Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

{sweet dreams}

Tonight was our last night. I gave my last goodnight hugs/I love you's to the kids. I tucked them in bed for the last time and in a few minutes I will go in and check on them before I go to bed. In less than 24 hours they will be on a plane heading for Africa. Their planes will touch down and they will be greeted by families and friends who have been missing them for the last 16 months. They will be welcomed home with great fanfare but on the other side of the ocean myself and 3 Aunties will be wondering what to do with ourselves. We will get ready for bed and have no children to tuck in.

As promised in the Word though I have PEACE. I know that it is time for them to go back home, to integrate back into life and school, to go and tell those they love about their experiences and changes on tour. The sermon at church this morning was about the Peace that comes from Christ. It surpasses our human intellect and understanding. It comes when we need it the most. This Peace comes from God who is good and thinks good things about His children.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the PEACE of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

Christ promises a Peace that guards our hearts and minds. What a beautiful picture. As the last of our cleaning and packing was wrapping up tonight, Chelsea looked at me and we paused in the Peace that we felt. Deep within our hearts we know that it will be okay, we know that God is in control. Our faith is in that fact. I am confident because of it. How blessed I am. And as we say goodbye to these children this Peace will overwhelm our hearts. Yes, we will still feel the emotions of goodbyes, but these goodbyes will be said with our Father looking on saying,
"You have finished the race. I am so proud of you."

And Choir 35 will part ways, but we will always be a family. . .

some pictures from church today:

No comments:

Post a Comment