Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

{every season}

One week from tomorrow and tour will be finished. The process of goodbyes and de-briefing and change are in full force. I am listening to Shane and Shane's Christmas CD (which is a must in your holiday music collection) while thinking about the end. Is this all really over in just a week? Is it really going to happen? Part of me feels like tour will never end, that I will always be with the children, but I know that's not true. Soon they will head home. I will miss the noise of the children playing and laughing. Life will be different without them. My life is going to change.

I wish I knew what I would be doing after tour. How I wish I knew exactly where I would be living and where I would be working. There are a lot of decisions that will be made in the next few weeks. Some decisions will be hard and some will be exciting. I am praying not for ease in the decisions that will be made, but for peace and guidance from God. I am taking steps that I have never taken before. It all finds it way back to one word however: TRUST.

Trust in One who is faithful and just. Trust in my Father.

It is an adventure, I am embarking into uncharted territory unsure of where I will go. But I have the most experienced guide and that will make all the difference. He who is guiding me is the one who created and planned it all so I have nothing to fear.

Tonight in devotions Auntie Stacy and Deborah taught the children a beautiful song: "Desert Song". As I listened to the children singing I prayed that this truly would be our prayer.

This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

I have been blessed these 15 months and I am ready to pour out some of the blessing I have received. Lord empty me.

No comments:

Post a Comment